[CentOS-devel] Making EPEL available in CBS for SIG builds

Mon May 10 16:08:49 UTC 2021
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 5/7/21 8:15 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 08:07:12AM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> So we have two solutions and the easiest/fastest one is probably just to
>> import pkgs in koji and SIG can just tag-build what they want/need
>> (including cherry-picking ENVR) but with the downside effect of pkg
>> signed with a different gpg key (and so my original question to Fedora :
>> is that allowed  ?)
>
> I don't *think* that would be a problem. It's too bad RPMs can't have
> multiple signatures.
>
> But wouldn't cherry-picking ENVR cause problems if a system has EPEL
> enabled?

I personally think the best option is just to use the EPEL repos as
external repos and to require epel-release in repos where you require
epel package to be installed.

That way they remain totally independent and we don't have multiple
copies of the same rpms and ENVRs with different signatures / keys.