[CentOS-devel] Can CentOS Stream 8 Devel repo be populated

Mon May 17 13:22:01 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 17/05/2021 15:10, Troy Dawson wrote:

> On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 6:47 AM Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel
> <centos-devel at centos.org <mailto:centos-devel at centos.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 15.05.21 06:51, Troy Dawson wrote:
>     > Back when the CentOS 8 Devel repo[1] was originally introduced, the
>     > CentOS Stream 8 Devel repo[2] was kept empty.
>     > Now that CentOS 8 is going away, and we are expected to develop on
>     > CentOS Stream 8, could we please get CentOS Stream 8 Devel populated
>     > with the same packages it once had.
>     >
>     > I know there is an initiative for all the missing -devel packages to
>     > appear somewhere at sometime.  But here is my problem.
>     > I'm trying to get KDE rebuilt for CentOS Stream 8 due to the
>     updated qt5
>     > that is now in Stream.
>     > plasma-nm, a fairly important piece of KDE, requires
>     > mobile-broadband-provider-info-devel which is in the Devel repo.
>     >  From what I see, the fastest way to get
>     > mobile-broadband-provider-info-devel somewhere that I can consume
>     it on
>     > Stream is via the Devel repo.
>     > Thus my question.
>     >
>     > Can we get CentOS Stream 8 Devel populated with whatever is in the
>     > regular Devel repo.
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > Troy Dawson
>     >
>     > [1] - http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/>
>     > <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/>>
>     > [2] -
>     http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/>
>     >
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/Devel/x86_64/os/Packages/>>
>     >

>     JFI:
>
>     Downloads from koji instance allowed now.
>     https://koji.mbox.centos.org/pkgs/packages/
>     <https://koji.mbox.centos.org/pkgs/packages/>
>

> True, but that doesn't get them into the EPEL or COPR build environment.
>
> Troy

Hi Troy,

As you're now part of the CentOS Stream team, when can we expect to see
that Devel repo being populated ? that would help for now SIGs building
in cbs.centos.org (and we have also again other requests for built but
unreleased pkgs in Devel repo, so having a status update on that one
would be good too)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab