[CentOS-devel] [Artwork] CentOS Stream logo?

Tue May 18 16:54:07 UTC 2021
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 10:53 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Hi, Artwork/Design folks,
>
> I am getting asked several times a week, by various people, where they
> can get the CentOS Stream logo.
>
> Since there isn't such a thing, I generally say "we just have one
> logo."

That's my understanding as well. There is only one unique logo to
identify The CentOS Project in all its visual manifestations, based on
a monolithic corporate visual identity structure. It probably helps to
read https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Identity.

> I wonder if it would be possible to get a CentOS Stream logo -
> presumably just the CentOS logo with "CentOS Stream" wordmark in the
> right font? There's a mockup of that at
> https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork/issue/1 but having
> high-res/scalable versions would be nice.

To cover release-specific logos in CentOS Stream 9 distribution, I am
proposing to use the following images:

https://gitlab.com/areguera/centos-brand/-/blob/master/Distribution/centos-logo-release.svg

https://gitlab.com/areguera/centos-brand/-/blob/master/Distribution/centos-logo-release-white.svg

However, to cover the distribution visual identity itself (on places
like the installer and the login screen) the next one:

https://gitlab.com/areguera/centos-brand/-/blob/master/centos-logo-white.svg

Note it doesn't include the Stream word (or any other word) on it
because The CentOS Project logo considered official doesn't have any.

I am glad to see debate on this topic once again :)

Best regards,
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>