[CentOS-devel] RFC: kmods SIG Proposal

Fri May 28 13:24:59 UTC 2021
Peter Georg <peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de>

On 25/05/2021 14.46, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 5/19/21 11:56 AM, Peter Georg wrote:
>> I'd like to propose a SIG for CentOS Stream. Please see the proposal
>> below.
>
> Loving all of the discussion and refinement here.
>
> Note: The next board meeting is on June 9th. We request that you have a
> final draft of the proposal ready and in the wiki by June 2nd, so that
> the board has time to review.

The final draft is almost ready, hence this shall not be an issue.

However I do have some questions about the process (trying to follow
https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide#The_SIG_Process as close as possible):

- It seems that the proposal currently does not meet the 7th requirement
("One member of the SIG should be a member of the Governing
Board/Devteam"). Can this member be the same as the sponsoring
Gonverning Board Member? Shall the sponsoring Governing Board Member
typically be a member of the SIG?

- Who shall add the SIG proposal to the Wiki? According to the Wiki the
sponsoring board member adds the SIG to the list of proposed SIGs.
However, there is no information about who shall create the SIG
description page. Shall I ask Patrick Riehecky as the sponsoring
Governing Board member to post the final draft there or shall I request
access to post the final draft myself (following
https://wiki.centos.org/Contribute#Contribute_to_the_Wiki)?

- Am I missing any other requirements to get this proposal approved?

Peter