[CentOS-devel] KDE Status in EPEL8

Tue Nov 16 21:29:29 UTC 2021
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

KDE Plasma Desktop has been rebuilt on RHEL 8.5.  The rebuilt KDE packages
have been pushed to epel-testing.
To test and/or use these packages do
  dnf --enablerepo=epel-testing update

Note1:  This hasn't made it out to all the mirrors yet.  I don't know how
long that takes, best bet it to try tomorrow.

Note2: To get these into regular epel8, please give karma on their bodhi
pages
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2021-8ecda13ade
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2021-233b6d1f6f
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2021-616c07a91d

Note3: There are two known packages that will not install/update right now
* k3b
-- This requires cdrskin which will be in epel-testing tomorrow.
-- https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2021-11dab2f583
* kde-gtk-config
-- This package snuck in on accident.  It shouldn't affect your updates.
-- This requires breeze-gtk, which is still being worked on to get it to
work on epel8

Troy Dawson