[CentOS-devel] RHEL docs in CentOS Stream

Sat Nov 27 13:36:18 UTC 2021
Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 9:56 AM Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com> wrote:

> The Content Services team inside Red Hat is working on upstreaming its
> RHEL documentation to CentOS Stream. This is going to take quite a lot
> of work, so it will be a gradual process. The team could use help in
> prioritizing which docs to do first.
>
> There are over 60 titles, and I won't bore you with the list, but they
> cover installation, upgrades, administration, containers, security,
> networking, identity management, storage, and virtualization, among
> other things. Some of them involve integrations with other Red Hat
> products, but those products are all built from community projects.
>
> I think I'd like to ask a single open-ended question, and then we'll
> figure out how that maps to existing docs. So:
>
> What features or procedures do you wish were better documented in
> CentOS?

Networking and storage setups were always a bit of a weak point to me.
Especially as we've gotten more advanced storage and networking
technologies for virtualization and containers, I've felt like it's
hard to fully take advantage of this stuff because I don't know what I
should be doing here.