[CentOS-devel] Announcing https://sigs.centos.org

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sat Oct 2 07:24:08 UTC 2021

On 01/10/2021 20:38, Mike Rochefort wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 6:12 AM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:
>>
>> The system is based on markdown documents, rendered through mkdocs
>> (https://mkdocs.org)
>
> Out of curiosity, would there be anything to gain using Antora over MkDocs?
> Only asking as that's what the Fedora and CentOS ecosystem documentation
> sites seem to be built with.

Well, we (CentOS Infra SIG) like markdown and so reason why we decided
to use mkdocs for https://docs.infra.centos.org :-)
We got the request from Automotive SIG to also use it so reason why we
thought about offering it for other SIGs.

We don't use Antora (I don't like it myself but this is my personal
opinion so not reflecting the project) even if https://docs.centos.org
is built with it (to be clear : we offer the hosting service there, but
we don't even build it : it's rendered elsewhere and then pushed to that
node)

Now if some SIGs would like to use Antora, Jekyll, or else, that would
be *trivial* to just adapt our ansible role and ansible variable/list to
also point to a specific container/build command and so select in the
list the rendering system :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab