[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly Update - Week of October 04th 2021

Thu Oct 7 11:06:11 UTC 2021
Akashdeep Dhar <akashdeep.dhar at gmail.com>

Hi everyone,

This is a weekly report from the CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team.
If you have any questions or feedback, please respond to this report or
contact us on `#redhat-cpe` channel on libera.chat.

   - If you wish to read this in rendered markdown, check the post on
   discussion link
   https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/cpe-weekly-update-week-of-october-04th-2021/33558
   .
   - *As October is the new quarter, we are about to overtake new projects,
   there are no new updates on non-rolling initiatives[0].*
   - *CentOS Stream team is continuing with their work:*
      - The work on the Mirror Manager has been completed
         - The work on the Automated Signing has been completed
         - Automatic Signing was broken on Monday night
      - Working on batch resigning packages still
         - Completed our October planning - aiming to work on
            - Content Resolver Docs
            - Compose Reporting - content changes between RHEL9/Stream 9
            - Forming a plan of record for the work needed to align Stream
            8 and Stream 9 workflows in the future
            - Technical debt movement - Jenkins updates, old image
            cleanups, etc.
         - *Infra and releng continues to take care of day to day business
   as initiatives team members are working with them to handover SOPs and
   maintenance tasks:*
      - *Fedora Infra*
         - 23 issue tickets were closed this week
         - Unfroze after beta and then froze again for F35 final
         - Merged a ton of pull requests that were pending
         - We have a possible fix to the sssd auth issues, many thanks
         sgallagh!
         - Updated all the proxies, including for the latest httpd CVE
         - Tracked down openQA worker instability to a kernel bug
         - We now have backups locally on netapp for Weblate content
      - *CentOS Infra*
         - Collaboration with Artwork SIG for new CentOS Stream 9 theme
         that will be pushed at release day. Preview at
         https://www.dev.centos.org and https://lists.dev.centos.org
         - CentOS Plus repo being worked on as a SIG (same process) through
         Core SIG (new GPG public key) and so building for Stream 8
(and eventually
         later Stream 9) on cbs.centos.org
         - Business as usual:
            - Sponsors leaving (decommissioning nodes in infra)
            - Relocate some services
            - Progress on the blocker for Stream 9 tests in CI
         - *Release Engineering*
         - Staging Bodhi deployment 5.7.1
         - F35 final freeze
         - Removal of bot form `#releng` channel will happen after the
         freeze

[0] With the rolling initiative, we mean the initiatives that will take
longer than one quarter and they are not affected by the quarter cycle.

That’s all of this week :)

Kindest regards & on behalf of the CPE team,

Thanks and regards,
Akashdeep Dhar
t0xic0der at fedoraproject.org
akashdeep at redhat.com