[CentOS-devel] October CentOS Dojo - Event report

Mon Oct 11 13:18:50 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

Thanks to all who attended, and spoke at, last week's CentOS Dojo.

We had 126 registrations, and 77% turnout. (Apparently average turnout
is something like 51% for free virtual events)

Our peak attendance at any one time was 51.

Top countries by registered users
United States	52 (41.26%)
Poland	11 (8.73%)
France	5 (3.96%)
Belgium	4 (3.17%)
Canada	4 (3.17%)
Other	50 (39.71%)

Top areas by attendees
Hallway Track (Thursday)	47
Board of Directors AMA	47
What does Red Hat Want?	46
State of EPEL on CentOS	42
Modules - Love/Hate relationship	37
CentOS Stream and meeting the user requirements of Public Cl	30

All of the video from the event is now on YouTube at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BULvfaOvc-M&list=PLuRtbOXpVDjCSvlyrEtctWVeXTNWilmOH

The video, and some of the slides, are at
https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/October2021 I have more of the
slides, and just need to get them listed there. We should have all of
the slides this week.

I expect the next CentOS Dojo to happen the week of FOSDEM. What's
uncertain, at this point, of course, is whether FOSDEM will happen in
person, and whether travel from the US to the EU will be a thing, so I'm
going to give it a month or two before starting planning. Unless, of
course, someone else steps up to plan the next one, which would be awesome.

--Rich