[CentOS-devel] Contributor documentation: to link between sites or all-in-one?

Tomas Tomecek

ttomecek at redhat.com
Mon Sep 27 14:39:29 UTC 2021

Amy, thank you for your feedback!

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 5:37 PM Amy Marrich <amy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Tomas,
>
> What would the searchability be for a new contributor in order to find the
> information?

That's a good question. I hope contributors will be able to use a table of
content to get to the proper page they are looking for. In the end, search
engines should also index the documentation site so that will be another
way to find what you are looking for. Does this answer your question?

> Can we do 'includes' of pages so that shared content is in one location
> and can be included to others? That way for example a Fedora page talks
> about Fedora and then includes the information that is relative to all
> projects and then could even return to  Fedora specific information.

Amy, just to be clear, by "includes" do you mean to refer to the
information by providing a link or directly include the text in such a
documentation page?

I'm sorry my original post is so generic and hard to imagine - once we have
concrete examples I believe it will be more clear what's the better
approach.

Tomas