[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 content available for cbs.centos.org : start your builds !

Fri Sep 3 12:56:22 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Hi,

Long awaited feature request is now implemented on
https://cbs.centos.org : you can now start requesting 9s tags to build
against/for CentOS Stream 9 !

I already created some tags/targets for SIGs that already requested it
some time ago through our dedicated infra tracker (reminder:
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issues)

Worth knowing that the following repositories are enabled by default for
all newly created 9s tags:
- BaseOS
- AppStream
- CRB

What's possible to add ? I know that for 8/8s some SIGs (like Cloud SIG
for openstack) rely on other repositories, like HighAvailability , or
others.
Feel free to ask such repositories to be added to your build tags.

It's also possible to build against CentOS Stream 9 buildroots if the
pushed repositories don't include all -devel / runtime packages that you
need at buildtime.
For that, consider also asking for it if/when needed.

Important !
Due to the way Stream 9 will be delivered (more news on that later,
probably through Brian and/or Carl), I have locked all -release tags for 9s.

What does that mean ?
That you can build pkgs, and also tag to -testing (that will go out as
usual to buildlogs.centos.org) but not to -release (even if tag is
created already).

Once we'll have figured out how to properly sign+push SIG content out,
we'll announce the plan and also unlock the -release SIG tags

Stay tuned for more information about that soon.

Kind Regards,
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab