[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 content available for cbs.centos.org : start your builds !

Fri Sep 3 13:40:27 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 03/09/2021 14:56, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Long awaited feature request is now implemented on
> https://cbs.centos.org : you can now start requesting 9s tags to build
> against/for CentOS Stream 9 !
>
> I already created some tags/targets for SIGs that already requested it
> some time ago through our dedicated infra tracker (reminder:
> https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issues)
>
> Worth knowing that the following repositories are enabled by default for
> all newly created 9s tags:
> - BaseOS
> - AppStream
> - CRB
>
> What's possible to add ? I know that for 8/8s some SIGs (like Cloud SIG
> for openstack) rely on other repositories, like HighAvailability , or
> others.
> Feel free to ask such repositories to be added to your build tags.
>
> It's also possible to build against CentOS Stream 9 buildroots if the
> pushed repositories don't include all -devel / runtime packages that you
> need at buildtime.
> For that, consider also asking for it if/when needed.
>
> Important !
> Due to the way Stream 9 will be delivered (more news on that later,
> probably through Brian and/or Carl), I have locked all -release tags for 9s.
>
> What does that mean ?
> That you can build pkgs, and also tag to -testing (that will go out as
> usual to buildlogs.centos.org) but not to -release (even if tag is
> created already).
>
> Once we'll have figured out how to properly sign+push SIG content out,
> we'll announce the plan and also unlock the -release SIG tags
>
> Stay tuned for more information about that soon.
>
> Kind Regards,

It wasn't that long before some SIGs started to test building on
cbs.centos.org (I like the Momentum !) .. and so that first issue was
found : CentOS Stream 9  ppc64le requires IBM Power 9, which we don't
have for builders for cbs.centos.org .. :

Error in <unknown> scriptlet in rpm package glibc-common
Fatal glibc error: CPU lacks ISA 3.00 support (POWER9 or later required)
warning: %transfiletriggerin(glib2-2.68.4-1.el9.ppc64le) scriptlet
failed, exit status 127

So that means that for now, we have to decide on what to do : SIGs can
request to build only for x86_64/aarch64 and let ppc64le aside and we
can try to see if there is a way to find an IBM Power 9 machine that we
can use for SIGs/cbs

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab