[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 content available for cbs.centos.org : start your builds !

Fri Sep 3 14:03:29 UTC 2021
Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>

Il giorno ven 3 set 2021 alle ore 15:40 Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>
ha scritto:

> It wasn't that long before some SIGs started to test building on
> cbs.centos.org (I like the Momentum !) .. and so that first issue was
> found : CentOS Stream 9  ppc64le requires IBM Power 9, which we don't
> have for builders for cbs.centos.org .. :
>
> Error in <unknown> scriptlet in rpm package glibc-common
> Fatal glibc error: CPU lacks ISA 3.00 support (POWER9 or later required)
> warning: %transfiletriggerin(glib2-2.68.4-1.el9.ppc64le) scriptlet
> failed, exit status 127
>
> So that means that for now, we have to decide on what to do : SIGs can
> request to build only for x86_64/aarch64 and let ppc64le aside and we
> can try to see if there is a way to find an IBM Power 9 machine that we
> can use for SIGs/cbs

For oVirt we can start with x86_64 and aarch64.
I'll see if we can help with this.