[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 content available for cbs.centos.org : start your builds !

Fri Sep 3 14:43:54 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 03/09/2021 16:40, Davide Cavalca via CentOS-devel wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-09-03 at 14:56 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Long awaited feature request is now implemented on
>> https://cbs.centos.org : you can now start requesting 9s tags to build
>> against/for CentOS Stream 9 !
>>
>> I already created some tags/targets for SIGs that already requested it
>> some time ago through our dedicated infra tracker (reminder:
>> https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issues)
>
> Thank you!
>
> I just tried this out with kpatch, and it seems to work fine:
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2530362
>
> One caveat to be aware of: cbs expects repos to be in the old rpmbuild
> layout (i.e. with SOURCES/SPECS, like on c8s), while the centpkg and
> centpkg-sig tools seem to expect a new-style layout. This is what I've
> pushed for kpatch so far for reference:
> https://git.centos.org/rpms/kpatch/tree/c9s-sig-hyperscale
>
> Cheers
> Davide

Hi Davide,

Yes, it's still git.centos.org and cbs.centos.org so nothing changed :
the same get_sources.sh is used to rebuild src.rpm from git and so
expect the same layout ("rpmbuild" style) ..
Thanks for having clarified that on the -devel list, in case it wasn't
obvious for all SIGs members :)  (as yes, upstream Stream 9 repositories
on gitlab are in the "flat" layout)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab