[CentOS-devel] Experimentation with the centos namespace on gitlab

Fri Apr 1 07:43:40 UTC 2022
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 31/03/2022 20:33, Davide Cavalca via CentOS-devel wrote:
> On Thu, 2022-03-31 at 12:44 -0500, Brian Stinson wrote:
>> Hi Folks!
>>

>> We had a thread a few weeks ago about the usage of the “centos”
>> namespace on gitlab:
>> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2022-February/120216.html
>>

>> The authentication angle is progressing up to the point that we would
>> like to open up the opportunity for a couple of SIGs to onboard with
>> gitlab and help us round the edges. The idea being to open this up to
>> all the SIGs interested in a few weeks once we have clearer
>> documentations and guidelines around the usage of GitLab.
>>
>> We are currently working on that set of best-practices that SIGs
>> which
>> would like to use the centos namespace on gitlab will need to agree
>> and follow.
>>

>> If you are interested, please let us know (just not everyone at
>> once!) :)
>
> The Hyperscale SIG already has a private repo on gitlab we use for
> secrets management. Would that be an appropriate usecase for this
> namespace?

Basically gitlab.com/CentOS is tied to SSO (and so reusing your existing
ACO/FAS account) and so we can reuse group memberships to grant
permissions on subgroups/projects

BTW, Pingou started a PR (open for comments) for the SIG Guide
(https://git.centos.org/centos/sig-guide/pull-request/4) so either we
discuss it on centos-devel list, or just discuss it there (through
comments and multiple iterations)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab