[CentOS-devel] 9 - ? - all *release* packages

Tue Apr 5 14:03:52 UTC 2022
lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>

On 05/04/2022 14:44, Trevor Hemsley via CentOS-devel wrote:
> On 05/04/2022 14:32, Troy Dawson wrote:
>> Second, I think something is wrong with your install if
>> you don't have the extras repository.  Maybe you just
>> need an update.
>
> If you have modified the yum supplied .repo file at any
> point then, when yum update updated that package, it will
> have spotted the modified file and create a .rpmnew file
> alongside it. It's likely that you need to rename those
> around and redo whatever modifications you made to the
> original to the new one.

Seems that's what it is but... I do not recall any my own
changes, also:

-> $ diff centos-addons.repo centos-addons.repo.rpmnew
9c9
< enabled=1
---
 > enabled=0
93c93
< enabled=1
---
 > enabled=0
111a112,131

 > [extras-common]
 > name=CentOS Stream $releasever - Extras packages

metalink=https://mirrors.centos.org/metalink?repo=centos-extras-sig-extras-common-$stream&arch=$basearch&protocol=https,http

gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-Extras-SHA512

metalink=https://mirrors.centos.org/metalink?repo=centos-extras-sig-extras-common-source-$stream&arch=source&protocol=https,http

gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-Extras-SHA512

 > gpgcheck=1
 > repo_gpgcheck=0
 > metadata_expire=6h
 > enabled=0

Which would confirm no other user-manual changes, so...
perhaps a glitch/bug?

many thanks, L.