[CentOS-devel] What to do with wiki.centos.org ? (let's discuss it)

Thu Aug 25 14:19:54 UTC 2022
Rich Bowen <rbowen at rcbowen.com>

On Thu, 2022-08-25 at 09:46 -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > I would recommend a markdown with a git backend to cover the
> > differences in documentation. As much as I would like asciidoc, it
> > tends to work only if you have a good docs group keeping track of
> > changes and fixing when asciidoc decides your text was crap. If
> > you have random fixes with people sending mr's which might get
> > merged in ugly ways, markdown seems to handle that nicer. [mainly
> > because it can't do all the cool things asciidoc allows for.]
> >

> I second this. Our quick docs could use MkDocs like the SIG stuff
> does, and the RHELish stuff can use the Antora system the RHEL docs
> folks want to use.

Having a consistent workflow across various things (Fedora docs,
CentOS docs, SIG docs, and whatever content gets salvaged from the
wiki) seems like an important goal, so that folks don't have to learn
multiple ways of producing content, and contributrs can easily move
from one to the other without getting confused.