[CentOS-devel] Adding ACL for rsync.stream.centos.org (like we always did for msync.centos.org)

Tue Dec 13 09:16:49 UTC 2022
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Forwarding here (but in readable format) what was sent to
centos-mirror-announce list (where all public mirrors are normally
subscribed), so sending to centos-devel for awareness :

Just this little mail to announce that we have now put in place the same
mechanism to only allow registered third-party mirrors to pull/rsync
from us. (ticket https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/999)

Due to lack of bandwidth/resources and also sponsored nodes disappearing
(and so remaining sponsored infra being overloaded with requests), we
had to adapt the process to also have ACL in place for CentOS Stream 9
(as it was already documented for years on
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors) to only allow ip
address[es] (ipv4 and ipv6) from these registered mirrors
(https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issues?status=Closed&tags=mirrormanager&close_status=)

Should you suddenly be blocked (because you are now using a different ip
that differs from the one you added in your initial ticket on
centos-infra tracker), feel free to create ticket to request the ip to
be updated in our ACL.

Kind Regards,
--
Fabian Arrotin