[CentOS-devel] Fwd: [CentOS] CentOS 7: Missing Thunderbird Updates

Fri Dec 2 07:30:21 UTC 2022
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

Hi Johnny

>>> These (firefox and thunderbird) are now released.
>>
>> Hi Johnny and all,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your hard work on this, it's much appreciated!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Simon
>
> NOTE:  We can not get Firefox/Thunderbird to build on ppc/ppc64 or
> armhfp right now, it is likely that either it will no longer be
> supported on these or certainly not until later on.  Several of the
> 'toolsets' that I need are not building cleanly on those arches.
>
> The aarch64 are ppc64le builds are building ok, but still being tested
> before release.
>
> I was also trying to do all 7 architectures for both of these.  Moving
> forward,it seems that the only ones we can reliably build are x86_64,
> i686, aarch64 and ppc64le for CentOS Linux 7.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

While we are at it, I saw the following lines in /usr/bin/thunderbird and
it looks like %RHEL_ENV_VARS% should be replaced at build time.

Can someone tell me what is there instead on a RHEL system?

Thanks,
Simon

# BEAST fix (rhbz#1005611)
NSS_SSL_CBC_RANDOM_IV=${NSS_SSL_CBC_RANDOM_IV-1}
export NSS_SSL_CBC_RANDOM_IV

# Linux version specific environment variables
%RHEL_ENV_VARS%

exec $MOZ_PROGRAM "$@"