[CentOS-devel] [EXT] unscheduled outage (resolved): cbs.centos.org

Mon Dec 5 16:21:18 UTC 2022
Peter Georg <peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de>

On 05/12/2022 15.10, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 05/12/2022 12:45, Peter Georg wrote:
>> On 02/12/2022 09.13, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>> Just for awareness : I noticed this morning through monitoring that
>>> the cache/proxy used by kojid builders (needed to reach out to
>>> gitlab/etc) was down during the night, so while kojihub itself was
>>> available, the kojid nodes weren't even checking in.
>>>
>>> I quickly reconfigured (with ansible) another caching proxy and so
>>> restored connectivity. If you noticed some build issues during some
>>> hours, please resubmit these, but it seems most were just queued and
>>> so picked up "normally" as soon as connection was restored.
>>
>> Since approx. 1st of December I've been noticing issues running cbs
>> commands within GitLab CI. Most of the cbs commands are running into a
>> time out, no connection can be established. No tasks are ever created.
>> This issue still exists.
>>
>> Might this issue be related to the cache/proxy used for the kojid nodes?
>
> No, not related, but last week we also suffered from massive remote koji
> api calls , that was taking cbs/koji down on its knees.
> After having discussed with Fedora infra team colleagues, they said they
> had the same issue the week[s] before and had to just drop IP ranges to
> ensure koji.fedoraproject.org was back online.
> I quickly took same emergency measure (had really other things to do) to
> restore cbs.centos.org availability and so just also dropped some
> ranges. Probably gitlab is hosted in one of these ranges ?

Probably. The runners are all deployed in GCP us-east1 (according to
GitLab's documentation). This would explain why either all cbs commands
of a job succeed or already the first fails (at least I have no
encountered any other case yet).

> In all cases, it's better to open an infra ticket (in parallel, as it's
> also good to discuss on the centos-devel list too)

Opened an issue:
https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/993