[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 security patches: Where is polkit?

Wed Feb 2 03:34:21 UTC 2022
Mike Rochefort <mroche at redhat.com>

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 8:50 PM Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dates on the compose directories look recent
> (https://composes.stream.centos.org/production/latest-CentOS-Stream/compose/BaseOS/x86_64/os/),
> but they don't match modification dates here
> (http://mirror.stream.centos.org/9-stream/BaseOS/x86_64/os/), so I
> suspect that any other mirrors are also not getting new composes.

To my knowledge the latest production compose does not immediately
become the public compose the mirror network synchronizes from. You'd
need to look at the history of prod to see which compose matches
what's currently available.

https://composes.stream.centos.org/production/

I could be totally wrong on that, but that's what I think is going on.
As noted by the blog post announcing the compose infra, production
composes are _candidates_ for promotion to the mirror network, meaning
to me not every compose will be promoted.

https://blog.centos.org/2021/07/centos-community-newsletter-july-2021/

--
Mike Rochefort