[CentOS-devel] Welcome to Shaun McCance, our new community manager

Thu Jan 13 16:04:49 UTC 2022
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

As many of you are aware, I have been serving as the Community Manager
for the CentOS project for the past 3 years, having been appointed to
this position by the Board in the April 2018 board meeting.

Over the coming weeks, I will be moving to a different position (still
within the Open Source Programs Office at Red Hat, but doing something
different) and Shaun McCance will be moving into this role.

Shaun has extensive experience in open source projects, including
decades with the Gnome Foundation. He works for the Red Hat OSPO, and is
based in Ohio, USA.

The past 3 years have been challenging, interesting, difficult, and
rewarding. And although the past year has been very, very hard, I am
very proud of what we have accomplished together as a community:

* Community-nominated board (see my next email for more about this!)
* Public/Open board meetings
* New SIGs! (Automotive, Infrastructure, kmods, Hyperscale, Feature Request)
* Contribution path via CentOS Stream
* Code of conduct
* etc

So, thank you all for your support and encouragement over the past 3
years, and for participating in all of the above initiatives and so much
more.

And please welcome Shaun, and give him just as much (or more!)
encouragement as he takes on this important role and helps guide the
community.

--Rich