[CentOS-devel] Few questions on cloud images

Tue Jan 25 17:38:25 UTC 2022
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 1/25/22 11:17, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have few questions related to the cloud images provides for c8s and
> c9s, i.e.:
> - https://cloud.centos.org/centos/8-stream/x86_64/images/
> - https://cloud.centos.org/centos/9-stream/x86_64/images/
>
> 1) I see the c9s images are regularly updated, while the c8s images not;
> is this wanted, or simply a mistake/miss somewhere? If so, will they be
> kept up-to-date just like the c9s images?

CentOS Stream 9 is starting the full RHEL developers doing development
in CentOS Stream and we are doing things first there.  At some point in
the near future (soon TM :D) all the processes in Stream 9 will be moved
over to Stream 8.  Once we change to the new process, everything should
start happening at a similar interval.

> 2) are the Vagrant images there officially supported? Let's say you use
> one, and find a bug; then check on a "classic" installation
> (baremetal/VM), and the bug isn't there; can users report problems in
> those cases?
>
> 3) would it be possible to have either unversioned or "-latest" symlinks
> for the latest versions of all the files (i.e. images, checksums, etc)?
> This way, it will be much easier for users to fetch the latest versions
> with no need to change URLs frequently. Of course, the assumption is
> that users of this are always willing to use the latest version.

We currently do that with ISO and I see no reason not to do it for Cloud
Images as well.  That is a question I can ask.

> Thanks!

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes