[CentOS-devel] SIGs / cbs.centos.org change proposal

Wed Jan 26 20:22:31 UTC 2022
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Recently, the Hyperscale SIG created an infra ticket about a proposal to
change the rpm 'vendor' macro to be more specific than 'CentOS' for pgks
built on https://cbs.centos.org .

For details, you can read https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/621

I think it's a very good idea as we also started to show a difference
between distro (/9-stream) vs SIGs (on mirror.stream.centos.org) so also
doing that at the rpm level (already using a different gpg key anyway)
would be easy enough to modify.

Here is our proposal : define the default value for that rpm macro to
'CentOS Community Build Service' instead of 'CentOS'.

It's also possible to request a specific override (what we tested with
Hyperscale tags) and I'd even think it would be better to create
directly each new tag with a common pattern like 'CentOS <sig_name> SIG'
, which would be easy to automate when we have to create new tags.

This is just a Request for change, that we intent to implement next
week, so if we don't have any negative feedback (we don't think people
are actually parsing that field - yet - ) about this change, it will go
live next week.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab