[CentOS-devel] Board Nominations Requested

Mon Jul 11 19:48:11 UTC 2022
Brian (bex) Exelbierd <bexelbie at redhat.com>

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 8:11 PM Rich Bowen <rbowen at rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2022-06-09 at 12:13 -0700, Jeffrey Osier-Mixon wrote:
> > Hi Shaun, question about this ..
> >
> > Eventually I do plan to put my hat in the ring, but possibly not
> > this time around - I'll most likely wait for someone from RH to
> > retire. How many Red Hatters are currently on the board, and should
> > we replace Tru with a RH person? I realize it isn't a requirement to
> > be (or not to be) from RH, but I think the board will be
> > healthier if there are more non-RH people there, and since Tru is
> > not RH it would make more sense for someone else to take the
> > opportunity.
>

> It is important to note that the requirement that a certain number (or
> percentage) of Directors be Red Hat associates was removed in 2021.
> Directors should be nominated and selected based on their value to the
> community, not based on their employer.

Thank you for repeating this Rich.  I'll repost what I wrote earlier too:

Speaking in my role as the Red Hat Liaison to the CentOS Project, Red Hat
enjoys seeing non-Red Hatters active in this project.  We hope that many
will be nominated.

This statement should not be interpreted to mean that a Red Hatter should
not be nominated.  As pointed out above and as we talk about in our open
source guidelines[1] Red Hatters on the board, other than me, are expected
to act as individuals.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/en/about/open-source/participation-guidelines

regards,

bex