[CentOS-devel] Board Nominations Requested

Thu Jun 9 22:05:01 UTC 2022
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

Hey Jefro,

This is a good question. I'm going to decline to give my opinion on how
many Red Hatters should be on the board so as not to influence the
process. But I know this is an important consideration for many, so
I'll provide facts.

Currently, five out of ten directors are Red Hat associates: Josh,
Brian, Johnny, Amy, and Mike. Replacing Tru with a non-Hatter would
maintain that ratio. Importantly, all directors except Brian are
expected to act as individuals, not as representatives of their
employers. Of course, in practice, everybody's priorities will be in
some way influenced by how CentOS impacts their jobs.

(Brian is special. He's the only person on the board who officially
speaks for Red Hat.)

--
Shaun