[CentOS-devel] [EPEL-devel] RHEL moving to issues.redhat.com only long term

Wed Mar 9 22:04:44 UTC 2022
Davide Cavalca <dcavalca at fb.com>

On Mon, 2022-03-07 at 12:44 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Hi Fedora, CentOS, and EPEL Communities!
>
> As part of our continued 3 year major Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> release
> cadence, RHEL 9 development is starting to wrap up with the spring
> 2022 release coming soon.  That means planning for the next release
> will start in earnest in the very near future.  As some of you may
> know, Red Hat has been using both Bugzilla and Jira via
> issues.redhat.com for RHEL development for several years.  Our
> intention is to move to using issues.redhat.com only for the major
> RHEL releases after RHEL 9.

Thanks for sharing this Josh. Would you be able to expand on why Red
Hat chose to use Jira specifically here, and what benefits do you
forsee this switch will bring to CentOS down the road?

Cheers
Davide