[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 and 9 - KDE un-updateable for a week

Fri May 13 16:42:35 UTC 2022
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 8:01 AM Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 9:31 AM Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> During the past week qt5 was updated on CentOS Stream 8 and 9 to version
>> 5.15.3.  This caused updates to break for KDE users running CentOS Stream 8
>> and 9.  The epel 8 and 9 packages affected are being rebuilt at this time.
>> We expect everything rebuilt and through testing next week.
>>
>> Question: Does this affect my RHEL/Alma/Rocky 8/9 install?
>> Answer: Not at this time.  This qt5 update isn't going to be released
>> until RHEL 8.7 and 9.1.
>>
>> Question: What is being rebuilt?
>> Answer:
>> epel8 - We believe about 30 packages.  That includes all of the qt5
>> packages in epel8, as well as several plasma and kf5 packages that have
>> tight version dependencies on qt5.
>>
>> epel9 - The entire KDE Plasma Desktop stack. (about 380 packages).  There
>> recently has been an update to wayland-protocols in Stream 9.  It didn't
>> break anything, but it had been an update that was needed to update to the
>> latest kf5 and plasma releases.  Since we knew that the qt5 update was
>> coming, we held off rebuilding everything until qt5 came out.  Now that it
>> is out, we are updating everything.
>>
>> Troy Dawson
>>

> Latest update on this.
>
> EPEL9 - Everything is in epel-next-testing.  To do your update do
>   dnf --enablerepo=epel-next-testing update
>
> Reminder, this is a complete KDE Plasma Desktop update to plasma 5.24.4,
> kf5 5.93, qt5 5.15.3
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-NEXT-2022-a6c0f04770
>
> EPEL8 - Some packages are rebuilt and available, but qt5-qtwebengine, and
> everything that depends on it, has not been rebuilt.
> This is due to a complex module bug in CentOS Stream 8 affecting the
> epel8-next buildroot.  It may, or may not, get fixed this week.
>
> Thank you all for your patience.
> Troy

Latest Update

EPEL9
Everything is good and in the regular epel9-next repo.

EPEL8
Everything is built.  I have tested and everything updates correctly now.
Many thanks to Trevor Hemsley who pointed me to the fix for qt5-qtwebengine
on aarch64.
The packages are still in bodhi for testing, but with some karma we can get
them through testing faster.
qt5-qtwebengine:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-NEXT-2022-b92a6dc851
qt5-qtwebview:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-NEXT-2022-c5d51e1ccc
kwin, plasma-workspace, and others:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-NEXT-2022-ca9325db2e

These aren't in epel-next-testing yet, but they should be there tomorrow.

Troy