[CentOS-devel] FreeIPA / Samba / SSSD - new packages same problems

Mon Nov 28 16:00:16 UTC 2022
Alex Iribarren <alex.m.lists3 at gmail.com>

On 11/25/22 12:26, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On pe, 25 marras 2022, lejeczek via CentOS-devel wrote:
>> Hi gents.
>>
>> It seems this has been a routine - each time when either sssd or Samba
>> or FreeIPA gets new releases (with freeIPA deployed) there will be
>> 'rpm' conflicts:
>
> Errors do happen in development branches.
>
> CentOS 8 Stream process is backwards and does not allow to properly
> inherit build sequence for rebases that require side-tag use.

These sorts of issues are precisely why we'd like to see public
integration testing where the community (including package maintainers,
obviously) could contribute tests to catch these errors before they are
distributed to the mirrors.

We've asked[1] the CentOS Board to help make this happen, but more
community voices might help.

Cheers,
Alex

[1] https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/89