[CentOS-devel] Gauging interest in Discourse

Mon Oct 31 18:57:11 UTC 2022
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

Hi all,

You might be aware that there is a CentOS category on the Fedora
Discourse instance:

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/c/centos/71

There have been some discussions about having a dedicated Discourse
instance for CentOS. Discourse has a lot of advantages, such as better
moderation and integration with our accounts system. But I understand
that many people are comfortable with their existing workflows.

There's no point in running Discourse if it doesn't get enough buy-in.
So I'm asking for input on using Discourse for various things:

* Project announcements, like events, meetings, and infra changes

* Activity reports, such as for SIGs and events

* User support, replacing forums.centos.org

* Development of Stream itself, basically centos-devel

* Development of stuff inside SIGs

* Replacement for the comments section of the blog

* Alternatively, just replacing the blog entirely

* Something else I'm not thinking of

Thanks,
Shaun McCance
CentOS Community Architect