[CentOS-devel] libknet1- in more than one repo

Fri Sep 9 14:31:08 UTC 2022
Davide Cavalca <dcavalca at fb.com>

On Fri, 2022-09-09 at 09:24 -0400, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> The problem is not with CentOS Stream but with EPEL. The package with
> the problem is that the libknet1 built to have all the extra modules
> was built against the RHEL package and not the CentOS Stream ones. So
> it is not going to work. This package needs to be removed from epel/8
> and instead be in epel/next/8

I put up
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-NEXT-2022-5a4e39b30a
for epel8-next, but based on the discussion in the linked bug, I think
the current one in epel8 is fine for RHEL 8 systems, just not for
CentOS Stream ones, so we'll probably need both for a while.

Cheers
Davide