[CentOS-devel] [EPEL-devel] Re: [Messaging] RabbitMQ for EPEL 9

Sun Sep 4 19:30:47 UTC 2022
Davide Cavalca <dcavalca at fb.com>

On Sat, 2022-09-03 at 13:39 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Have you tried building the package yourself yet? When asking for
> someone to support an EPEL branch it's not always straightforward. I
> tried building the rawhide branch for EPEL 9 and ran into the
> following:
>
> No matching package to install: 'elixir'
> No matching package to install: 'erlang >= 23'

I breifly looked into this a couple of months ago as someone asked me
about it at work. From what I recall, erlang is mostly doable, but
elixir is a problem because it pulls in a bunch of other stuff and
seems to have a bit of a bootstrapping problem. I'm sure someone
familiar with this ecosystem could get it sorted out, but that's not me
so I ended up leaving it alone.

Cheers
Davide