[CentOS-devel] CS9: current firefox not in compose

Mon Sep 12 23:10:13 UTC 2022
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 13.09.22 um 00:02 schrieb Troy Dawson:

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 10:22 AM Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel
> <centos-devel at centos.org <mailto:centos-devel at centos.org>> wrote:
>

>     I had the understanding that those gates are responsible to sync
>     between
>     RHEL/CENTOS build pipelines? Especially for the major version 9 this
>     should be the state or do I misunderstand the workflow?
>
>     --
>     Leon
>

> Since I don't exactly know what you are picturing as a workflow, I'll
> step through an average package update on RHEL9.
>
> 1 - maintainer (or others) create a merge request into CentOS Stream 9
> gitlab area.
> 2 - the merge request is gated and tested before being merged.
> 3 - When that merge request gets merged in the Stream 9 gitlab area, it
> is also synced over to the internal Brew dist-git area.
> 4 - The maintainer starts the build in CentOS Stream 9.
> 5 - When that happens, a build starts on the internal Brew systems.
> 6 - When both builds finish, they are both gated.  The testing only
> happens internally on the Brew build.
> 7 - When the internal testing passes successfully, then both RHEL and CS
> builds are moved on.
> 8 - Internally, an errata is made, or an errata is updated with the new
> build, and both packages move to -pending.
> 9 - Composes are created out of the -pending packages.
>
> Early on there was talk about putting gating between CS and RHEL, but
> that would make the build repo's different, and eventually the CentOS
> Stream and RHEL builds would diverge.
>
> I've simplified the steps some, and it's possible I didn't explain
> everything correctly.  So if you need me (or others) to explain or
> expand on some of the steps, let me know.

Thanks for depicting the steps. Very much appreciated! I think
point 7 is what I meant with synchronization (both ... moved on).
The missed thing in my big picture is a explanation why version
91.13.0 is not (at least) in the stream composes. In particular
its not about this package but more about the understanding ...

--
Thanks
Leon