[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of bugs.centos.org

Mon Feb 27 14:55:28 UTC 2023
Stephen Smoogen <ssmoogen at redhat.com>

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 at 03:12, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> Let's discuss https://bugs.centos.org !
>
> For a long time, we used to only have one public tracker , powered by
> MantisBT (https://mantisbt.org/) , and it was https://bugs.centos.org
>
> Due to various changes in the CentOS ecosystem in the last years, some
> categories were removed/migrated elsewhere :
>
> - CentOS infra tracker : https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issues
> - CentOS Stream : https://bugzilla.redhat.com
>
> Some other SIGs also started to have (and document) their own tracker
> (see https://wiki.centos.org/ReportBugs)
>
> So the question is : while we can easily migrate bugs.centos.org to el9,
> should we ?
>
> All comments/remarks are welcome, and let's have a plan about what to do

I think it would be best to sunset this by locking and keeping the system
as read-only after the 2024 end of CentOS Stream 8 and CentOS 7. At that
point it can be scraped and put on archive.org or something similar and
'removed' with a 'thank you for your hard work'.