[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 is transitioning to be ahead of RHEL 8 - Compose push to mirror operations affected

Tue Feb 21 21:02:05 UTC 2023
Steven Rosenberg <passthejoe at gmail.com>

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:36 AM Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com> wrote:

> This might be a good start:
> https://blog.centos.org/2022/09/how-updates-work-in-centos/
>
> I'll let Brian or others answer more fully.  I think the short version
> is that users can download packages directly from the build system if
> they want, but those builds might not be fully vetted yet.  We don't
> offer update metadata information either.
>
> josh

That's a very good post that explains a lot. I'm wondering if things have
progressed in some way on Stream 9 vs. 8 relative to what's in that post.

Is the vetting process for packages to move from Koji to the repo similar
to what happens in Fedora?