[CentOS-devel] January board meeting recap

Wed Jan 18 21:33:17 UTC 2023
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

Hi all,

I've published the recording and recap of the January board meeting.

Recording:
https://youtu.be/2292R1_eOOQ

Minutes:
https://hackmd.io/@centosboard/BJiHQmD9s

Recap:
https://blog.centos.org/2023/01/centos-board-meeting-recap-january-2023/

Highlights of the recap:

* We had our annual leadership check-in. Amy Marrich will continue as
chair, Pat Riehecky as co-chair, and Thomas Oulevey as secretary.

* We have an open question about mirrors using the word "CentOS" in
domain names. We have asked Red Hat legal.

* We discussed all the things happening around FOSDEM and CentOS
Connect.

  * CentOS Connect is February 3. Register for free if you plan to
attend. https://connect.centos.org/

  * CentOS and RDO will share a booth at FOSDEM. Fedora will also have
a booth. We could use help with staffing.
https://gitlab.com/CentOS/promo/centos-events/-/issues/3

  * We are participating in the Distributions Devroom at FOSDEM on
Sunday, February 5.

  * We will have a web+docs working day on Monday, February 6, the day
after FOSDEM. Leave a comment on the planning page if you'd like to
join. https://gitlab.com/CentOS/promo/centos-events/-/issues/2

  * The Hyperscale SIG will hold a meetup on Thursday, February 2.
Register if you'd like to join.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/centos-hyperscale-sig-meetup-connectfosdem-2023-tickets-505677965407

  * We are hosting a contributors dinner with Fedora. Details will be
posted to mailing lists.

* We also have a booth at SCaLE, and we welcome help with staffing.
https://gitlab.com/CentOS/promo/centos-events/-/issues/4

* Issue 88: We discussed improving the onboarding docs. This will be on
the agenda for the web+docs day.
https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/88

* Issue 85: The new vision statement is final. Where to publicize it
will be on the agenda for the web+docs day.
https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/85