[CentOS-devel] Getting SIG NFV content built for otherarchitectures

Fri Jan 27 08:44:05 UTC 2023
Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <amoralej at redhat.com>

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 8:01 PM Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2023, at 12:20 PM, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 5:34 PM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>
> wrote:
> OpenShift, and we use openvswitch by default.

> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/NFV but I don't see anything
> there that gives me links to any *source code* where I could change this.
> I'd guess there's something like a limited set on the koji tag?
> >
> > As mentioned by Fabian, we are shipping packages for aarch64, ppc64le
> > and x86_64 which are the available arches in CentOS Community Build
> > System.
> >
> > What architecture you'd like to get builds for?
>
> s390x

Fabian may be able to provide further details, but there are not s390x
builders in community build service so, at this point, we can't provide NFV
SIG builds in centos mirrors.

COPR [1] provides a way to build centos stream 9 packages for s390x
architecture. Until there is no better option, we may use it as an
alternative to CentOS official builds and mirrors if that's good enough for
you. Would that be ok?

I've done a quick rebuild in copr of the latest openvswitch package,
however I'm still figuring out a way to get a s390x vm to test it.

Best regards,

Alfredo

[1] https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/