[CentOS-devel] [t_functional sig] Tests management with TMT

Tue Jul 25 11:55:58 UTC 2023
Miroslav Vadkerti <mvadkert at redhat.com>

Hi Carlos,

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 12:15 PM Frantisek Lachman <flachman at redhat.com>
wrote:

> [...]

Note that the conversion might not be even needed, tmt now serves
well as a wrapper over various testing frameworks, many people
use it like that.

> I see that packit.dev and tmt is where fedora is trying to go instead of
> zuul ci,

This might be a confusion, note that these systems are on different levels:

* Packit is on the level of upstream project GitHub / GitLab contributions

* Zuul CI for Fedora
<https://fedora.softwarefactory-project.io/zuul/builds?job_name=rpm-tmt-test>
and Zuul CI for CentOS Stream
<https://centos.softwarefactory-project.io/zuul/t/centos/builds?job_name=rpm-tmt-test>
are on the level of dist-git contributions

All these run tmt tests which can be defined basically in any git
repository (remote or local).

> and also I saw the email from the cloud sig about adopting
> packit.dev. I was wondering how it will impact t_functional.

Can you point me to that email please?

> I have been playing with it and seems like a good tool for the job.

Glad to hear that :)

Best regards,
/M