[CentOS-devel] Furthering the evolution of CentOS Stream

Thu Jun 22 10:56:15 UTC 2023
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>

On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 6:51 AM Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel
<centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder if someone is in the role/position to shed some more light on
> the topic as announced here
> https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/furthering-evolution-centos-stream
>
> Any deadlines? Does this target only EL10 or also any current release?

It is in effect now for RHEL 8 and 9 and will continue for any future
RHEL releases.  The development and source code for all of these
releases will continue to happen through the CentOS Stream project.

RHEL 7 and CentOS Linux 7 are not affected.

> Would be great if some discussion/communication could be happen. Thanks!

If you have more questions, please ask and we can try to address them.

josh