[CentOS-devel] [EXT] Re: Furthering the evolution of CentOS Stream

Fri Jun 23 13:44:14 UTC 2023
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 7:47 AM Peter Georg
> <peter.georg at physik.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 22/06/2023 12.56, Josh Boyer wrote:

>> on

>> release?
>> >
>> > It is in effect now for RHEL 8 and 9 and will continue for any future
>> > RHEL releases.  The development and source code for all of these
>> > releases will continue to happen through the CentOS Stream project.
>> >
>> > RHEL 7 and CentOS Linux 7 are not affected.

>> Thanks!
>> >
>> > If you have more questions, please ask and we can try to address them.
>>
>> I do indeed have a question. The Kmods SIG currently provides artifacts
>> for both CentOS Stream and RHEL. To achieve that we have established
>> some automation using GitLab CI to avoid human interaction as far as
>> possible. For that to work we do need access to the following sources
>> from RHEL (version numbers are just examples):
>>
>> kernel-5.14.0-284.18.1.el9_2.src.rpm
>>
>> or
>>
>> linux-5.14.0-284.18.1.el9_2.tar.xz (which is included in the src.rpm).
>>
>> So far we have downloaded the tarball from git.centos.org/sources
>>
>> However, my understanding is that new versions of these files will not
>> be provided anymore. In fact the example listed here (current RHEL 9
>> kernel) is already not provided anymore.
>
> Your understanding is correct.

What I don't understand is this: as a Red Hat customer with paid
subscription, I'm still able to download
kernel-5.14.0-284.18.1.el9_2.src.rpm, right?

If I do so and extract the kernel-5.14.0-284.18.1.el9_2.src.rpm archive,
can I put the resulting files on a public server and let others download
the files?

Regards,
Simon