[CentOS-devel] Proposal: CentOS x86 SIG

Thu Mar 2 12:27:46 UTC 2023
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 02/03/2023 06:20, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Fabian Arrotin:
>
>> On 27/02/2023 18:23, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>> # Goals
>>>
>> <snip>
>>> Resources
>>> They SIG could benefit from spare x86-64 Koji builder capacity.
>>>

>> Can you elaborate on that ? You mean just using existing x86_64
>> builders (matching x86-64-v2 specs but nothing like v3), right ?
>> Just trying to capture things before it's even just accepted as a SIG
>> .. and not after, realizing that we wouldn't have what you're
>> searching for :)
>
> I think the CentOS builders are already compatible with x86-64-v4, so no
> configuration changes are needed.  I verified that for
> x86-02.stream.rdu2.redhat.com: it reports all the necessary CPU
> features.

Well, yes, but that's not the infra that SIGs are using either : Stream
is itself built elsewhere (different koji/infra), reason why I was
asking if you need something on the infra *where* SIGs are building
packages (older than the Stream infra)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | @arrfab[@fosstodon.org]