[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 is now ahead of RHEL 8

Wed Mar 15 23:00:30 UTC 2023
Ondřej Budai <obudai at redhat.com>

Hi!

st 15. 3. 2023 v 16:43 odesílatel Adam Samalik <asamalik at redhat.com> napsal:

> We're finishing up cloud and container images,
> you will find them in the same places as before when ready.

Shameless plug:

Image builder can build up-to-date CentOS Stream 8 (and 9) images for many
cloud environments including AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware and KVM (libvirt,
OpenStack, OpenShift Virtualization).

Either, you can use our hosted service (needs a RHEL subscription, but the
free developer one is just fine):
https://console.redhat.com/insights/image-builder

Or you can use the on-premises version:
https://www.osbuild.org/guides/user-guide/user-guide.html

If your use-case for Centos images is validating that your production RHEL
deployments won't break when a new minor release is out, then I would
actually strongly recommend using image builder, because it actually builds
images much more similar to what Red Hat produces for RHEL (since Red Hat
nowadays uses basically only image builder for all cloud images).

Cheers,
Ondřej