[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream image retention policies

Wed May 24 14:49:23 UTC 2023
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

It was pointed out that we don't have CentOS Stream's image retention
policies written down anywhere.  We're in the process of getting those up
into the docs section.  But I figured an email would get them out quicker
while we work on that.

CentOS Stream Image Retention Policies:

* Images on CentOS Cloud:
https://cloud.centos.org/centos/8-stream/
https://cloud.centos.org/centos/9-stream/
** Policy: All images are kept for a month.  After that, we only keep one
set of compose images per month, for up to a year.  (I hope that makes
sense)
** Images: container, ec2, qcow, vagrant

Containers on Quay:
https://quay.io/repository/centos/centos?tab=tags
** Policy: Only the latest images are kept.
** Images: container

AMI's on AWS:
** Policy: Images are kept for 180 days
** Images: ec2 AMI's

Questions and/or possible better wording is welcome.

Troy