[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of lists.centos.org (aka centos mailing-lists)

Thu May 11 19:38:57 UTC 2023
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

On Thu, 2023-05-11 at 10:27 -0400, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> so I think the possible options are:
>
> Option 1: move to EL-8 mailman2 til next June.. then punt to 2,3,4
> Option 2: volunteer and do the work to make mailman3 work (this needs
> packaging, webwork, database work, importing of old archives,
> resubscribing n people, etc).
> Option 2b: volunteer and use a different supportable mailing list
> software (this needs...)
> Option 3: discontinue email lists and have Fedora discourse run
> threads.
> Option 4: move the mailing lists to another organization and let them
> manage the email (this needs ...)

Not necessarily advocating, but I'm going to add:

Option 3b: discontinue email lists and have a dedicated CentOS
Discourse.

Red Hat has a contract for hosted Discourse. I don't know the details
off-hand, but an additional instance might be an easy addition.

--
Shaun