[Centos-docs] yum on RHEL

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Nov 8 15:07:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 11:48:49PM +0100, Karanbir Singh enlightened us:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 09:08:08AM +0100, Karanbir Singh enlightened us:
> >>anyone want to write up a page on 'YumOnRHEL' and howto setup Centos
> >>repos on there ?
> >>

> >I'm about to go through this process now that the first week of classes are
> >almost over. I've got 2 real RHEL machines that are my primary servers
> >which
> >I intend on using yum with for updates to keep things uniform across my
> >network, and yam to get the updates from RHN. It might be a couple of
> >weeks,
> >but when I'm done I'll write it up and send to the list for comment.
> >
> >Given the current discussion on centos-devel, I will be sure to include a
> >spec file for creating an rpm that provides centos-release for RHEL
> >machines.
> excellent!

Ok, I'm finally to the point I can start working on this. Is
HowTos/YumOnRHEL an appropriate page name? I'll just take notes on the Wiki
itself as I go - no point in duplicating my effort locally first.

Should this be linked from the "Yum, RPM and PackageManagement" section, or
the "Non CentOS Applications" section?

Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics
Department of Social Work