[Centos-docs] howto's and docs from the forums

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Oct 2 20:17:01 UTC 2006

Durval Menezes wrote:
> danieldk at pobox.com wrote:
> > Attribution-ShareAlike is a pretty fine license, in the same spirit as the
> > GPL. Though, the GFDL may me a good option too (this is what Wikipedia
> > uses):
> >
> > http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
>
> I say the GFDL is more appropriate, and it's more consistent with the rest
> of the CentOS project: a GPL operating system ought to have a GFDL Wiki...

I really do mislike the FDL for a wiki - it's much too complicated. It
may be great for longer pieces of Documentation, but there's  too much
legalese in there.

Seen from that standpoint the CC licenses are much saner and easier to
comprehend.

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 München | ....to right-justify any idea, even one