[Centos-docs] Wiki ControlPanels page

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Oct 14 21:38:17 UTC 2006

Travis Northrup wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Travis Northrup. I would like to contribute documentation on
> CentOS compatible control panels. I have 12 years technical experience
> and have used most if not all control panels currently available, free
> and commercial. The main control panels that I can immediately begin
> documenting are Virtuozzo, OpenVZ, cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, Webmin.
> Others I can begin documenting as I go through the list.
>
> My Username is TravisNorthrup
>
> I would like to use the following page: http://wiki.centos.org/ControlPanels

You should have access to http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Webmin - since
we are talking about Control Panels, lets keep them on HowTo sort of pages.

I suppose what we would want is a setup process, securing process and a
process to keep them updated.

Also, any version specific stuff should be easily marked out ( eg. Stuff
that only works on CentOS-3 should be indicated such ).

Once you have this page going a bit, we can then expand and add more
pages for the other panels you might want to document.

Side Note: Guys, I am going to be very slow on email ( only getting to
it maybe 1 or 2 times in a day, for the next 2 weeks since i am on
official holiday, so try and help Travis out with edit issues, formating
and style etc )

Travis, thanks for offering to help!