[Centos-docs] google translate for missing language pages ?

Thu Oct 5 08:36:13 UTC 2006

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Can we / should we think about using google translate for offering pages
>> in languages where there is no local translation ?
>>
>> http://biohackers.net/wiki/GoogleTranslate.py { viewable in a normal
>> browser } has a plugin for this!
>
> Ah, then I *completely* misunderstood your entry on the wiki page. Yes,
> a plugin for translation on the go would be okay. I thought you meant
> creating the translated pages with google translation ...

it can, if we want, just be an option for missing pages. Once a page is
translated then we're ok anyway.

Also, do we have a decision on how / what we are going to do for
internationalisation ? maybe we now need to do draw up a list of things
that need doing to make it happen - and then just go for it.

might be a good idea to look at some of the other wiki's that have
internationalisation and run MoinMoin to see what / how they achieved
whatever they are doing.

- KB