[Centos-docs] CentOS Wiki: Contribute permission request

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Sep 11 10:00:17 UTC 2006

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 19:30 -0300, Durval Menezes wrote:
>> According to the policy described in http://wiki.centos.org/HowToContribute
>> and after receiving the attached email from Ralph Angenendt
>> <ra+centos at br-online.de>, I respectifully request permission to post
>> a "How to contribute RPMs to the CentOS Project" document; the basic
>> text is currently at http://durval.com.br/CentOS_RPM_Contrib_HowTo.html
>> (it would of course be wikified when posting), and my idea is to post it
>> under the URL http://wiki.centos.org/RPM_Contrib_HowTo, linking it under
>> the http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos page.
>
> Looks great. Maybe it is best to add it as an additional section in e.g.
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowToContribute ? Since it isn't a full-blown
> HOWTO, and the "How to contribute" page is where people probably look
> first.

Maybe link from that page ( http://wiki.centos.org/HowToContribute ) but
actually put the details under that (
http://wiki.centos.org/HowToContribute/Packages )

reason : the packages contributing issue can become fairly lengthy
itself. we'll need to add details on how / what form of policy we'd like
   ( eg, with kernel mod's ), base naming policy, testing stuff out -
and continued support etc. Lets put it on its own page, but make it
under the HowToContribute page. if everyone is ok with that.

Also, the content all looks fairly sane - lets get it on the wiki and
then we can thrash it out there.