[Centos-docs] DVD install create small howto

Sat Sep 9 12:57:27 UTC 2006
David Hrbáč <hrbac.conf at seznam.cz>

Ralph Angenendt napsal(a):
> David Hrbáč wrote:
>> Ralph,
>> here it goes. Suggestions are TipsAndTricks/CreateDVDImage,
>> TipsAndTricks/CDtoDVDMedia.
>
> I'd opt for the second one. Some mild criticism ... (aside from spelling
> or grammar, that can be done later ...)

I don't see any spelling or grammar typo.

>> First of all, we need to download the following script:
>> {{{
>> wget http://merlin.fit.vutbr.cz/mirrors/centos/build/mkdvdiso.sh
>> chmod 700 mkdvdiso.sh
>> }}}
>
> I'm strongly *for* including small scripts like that *into* the page
> itself (attachment:mkdvdiso.sh after uploading it, see Attachment link
> on any wiki page).

Script may follow the howto. But I'm against howtos like download this
script and voila... So I guess we should describe steps little bit...
And this should be tip'n'tick and not the howto. :o)

>> Now we download set of CD images (one can change URL with the closest one):
>> {{{
>
> I'm strongly *against* including iso images on the wiki pages :)

I guess wget ....iso must be included. We can change to wget
http://ADD_YOU_SERVER/.... But if we don't include, there's no point of
including the script. Or the script must have server option.

> Second: I'd say use "mirrors.centos.org" there - except if you want to
> plug your site (and can stand the traffic) :)
>
>> i386:
>> {{{
>> wget http://merlin.fit.vutbr.cz/mirrors/centos/build/mkdvdiso.sh; \
>
> Same here.